[FRIAM] The Second Wave is Gathering

Marcus Daniels marcus at snoutfarm.com
Mon May 25 12:51:12 EDT 2020

Russ wrote:

< I would feel terrible if somehow as a result of my wishes, lots of red-state people ended up on ventilators. I want the red states themselves on ventilators, not the flesh-and-blood individuals in those states. >

There are progressive individuals (and organizations) in red states.[1]   I hope those individuals stay safe while the pandemic continues.   I don’t hope that they come out of their homes to help their locality and get sick in the process.   Of course, some may have to put their health at risk just to eat and pay rent, no thanks to the preferences of their neighbors and local leaders.  I don’t know what purpose your categorization serves, other than as a way to express frustration.   I also don’t want the people you mention above on ventilators or in ICUs, because these are scarce resources.

Marcus

[1] e.g. Southern Poverty Law Center, based out of Montgomery, Alabama