[FRIAM] Optimizing for maximal serendipity or how Alan Turing misdirected ALife

Marcus Daniels marcus at snoutfarm.com
Thu May 28 15:59:08 EDT 2020

Steve writes:

< I will cop to being guilty of free-associative riffing off of other
people's threads.   When Owen was active here he used to chide us all
about "good thread hygiene" and "thread hijacking".   We (me at the
vanguard perhaps) have become quite sloppy in this.  >

I don't have much trouble backtracking to an origination topic (if it has momentum) or just running with a new topic.    A title makes more sense after a trajectory has played out.   All of the active discussion lists or Usenet groups I've been on have had this property.

Marcus