[FRIAM] Covid and Politics

thompnickson2 at gmail.com thompnickson2 at gmail.com
Thu May 28 16:51:25 EDT 2020

Steve,

Well, why not articulate the metaphor and start a new usage, to “stick-man” an argument,, i.e., to offer a highly simplified structure that others can flesh out.

But I am much more serious about the white van program that perhaps I ought to confess to a coven of gun-toting libertarians.   And I take Cody to be about that serious about his summer camps.  As things presently roll along, we are slated to have 1k deaths a day, more or less indefinitely into the future.  That’s 400k deaths by the end of the year and at least a million before we get the vaccine, as the economy alternatively chokes and gasps for air under chaotic loosening ups and lock downs. .    The white van policy, cartoonishly represented I admit, is very close to  what we do with syphilis and used to do with TB and it will work..  We have started to think of ourselves as somehow in a post pandemic world and that we do not “deserve” to be quarantined.  The virus does care for deserts.

Nicholas Thompson

 <mailto:ThompNickSon2 at gmail.com> ThompNickSon2 at gmail.com

 <https://wordpress.clarku.edu/nthompson/> https://wordpress.clarku.edu/nthompson/