[FRIAM] election eve

Marcus Daniels marcus at snoutfarm.com
Wed Nov 4 13:54:56 EST 2020

Nick wrote:

< I know two trump supporters quite well.  Mind you, we don't talk politics that much.  Both are owners of small businesses who have led the highly regulated lives that folks must lead if they are going to make money in a politically diverse community.  Both [thought they] saw gains from the Tax Cuts.  I think both think the economic policies have been good for them and they find the crazy stuff kinda fun.  >

Let me just give you my visceral response:   If one is doing ok -- not having your neck crushed under the knee of a cop or starving -- then I have the expectation that a person persuade on the basis on what is good for everyone, not what is good for them.    I don't care how they make money.   That is their problem.   I did fine under Bush, Obama, and even Trump.   I'm a lucky one.   It would never occur to me to use minor trends up or down in my income for a reason why someone should run the most powerful democracy in the world.  I find it petty and appalling that people do think of making this connection.   Yes, I would cancel them if I had subscribed to them, but I never did subscribe to them.

Marcus