[FRIAM] election eve

Robert J. Cordingley robert at cirrillian.com
Wed Nov 4 13:58:03 EST 2020

FWIW and then similarly someone came up with:

/*It's those with insight who must make the concessions*/.

(which sucks).

On "half the country is batshit crazy" - to be generous a big percentage
of voters were struggling making a living or making ends meet, raising
kids, making payments, etc., before COVID-19. With LOUD voices on both
sides I see a messaging saturation effect and voters making a relatively
random choice, or voting R because they always did, and this partly
because they don't have the time or luxury to figure out anything
better. Why else would races be so tight when a landslide should have
happened? People continue to not vote in their own interest.

Robert C

On 11/4/20 11:26 AM, thompnickson2 at gmail.com wrote:

> The fundamental challenge of being a liberal, in the classical sense,
> is that it obligates you to try to understand the desires and fears of
> those who disagree with you
>
> Boy, Howdy.  You got that one right!
>
> Nick
>
> Nicholas Thompson
>
> Emeritus Professor of Ethology and Psychology
>
> Clark University
>
> ThompNickSon2 at gmail.com <mailto:ThompNickSon2 at gmail.com>
>
> https://wordpress.clarku.edu/nthompson/

Cirrillian