[FRIAM] The solution to Trump-Biden polarization may be easier (and cheaper) than we think

Marcus Daniels marcus at snoutfarm.com
Sat Nov 7 15:56:59 EST 2020

There are some projects I would never even try at this point in my life because I can see there have been smart people that worked on them for long time and made a lot of progress.   When I was younger, I might have been more eager and dove in, happily ignorant of what others have done.   I might have even made my own progress.  In this sense that ignorance can be useful, if it makes one inclined to try and develop momentum.    Google was once a small start-up, and what did they do really?   It is just some boring indexing algorithm!

I can see that having smaller distributed communities might have lower activation energies, if one puts aside the fact that the problems of community #00491 are almost identical to community #21432.   The interesting questions to me have to do with what are the common and unique properties of these systems and why, not a mastery over one of them.

I think the generating functions for each of these communities is more-or-less the same and it is more important to learn that than NOT to learn it.    It seems silly to have to say that.