[FRIAM] Biden beats Trump

thompnickson2 at gmail.com thompnickson2 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 11 14:36:34 EST 2020

M.

I think of empathy as a sensor that makes me more likely to predict the behavior of an antagonist.  Think of martial arts techniques that involve giving your opponent what he wants.  So if your opponent wants to rush forward with a knife, you help him along in that project until he is lying flat on his face on the ground.  All action in conflict is based upon suppositions of what your opponent is up to.  Accurate empathy could be a life-saving technique.

Nicholas Thompson

 <mailto:ThompNickSon2 at gmail.com> ThompNickSon2 at gmail.com

 <https://wordpress.clarku.edu/nthompson/> https://wordpress.clarku.edu/nthompson/