[FRIAM] Biden beats Trump

Marcus Daniels marcus at snoutfarm.com
Wed Nov 11 19:49:07 EST 2020

People like Barr and Pompeo are happy to exploit the consequences of Trump’s financial desperation for their authoritarian agenda.  Authoritarianism is not an uncommon personality trait – they would find support in the population.  Trump just wants to be the winner, but at any cost.   At some level it is just ridiculous.   But he sees ruin on the horizon and his family sees ruin on the horizon.   With the people around him, it is a dangerous situation.  Hopefully Biden has deep allies in government from his long career and isn’t just bluffing with his current sense of calm.

To resist a plausible scenario like you lay out, enough people need to wake up and plan how to stop them.   They would have to admit that norms have collapsed and their countrymen had just gone insane.   It is stupid to be goaded into open violence, but if things really went off the rails, I think it is naive to believe violence could be completely avoided.