[FRIAM] Today's Sermon:: a minor awokening

uǝlƃ ↙↙↙ gepropella at gmail.com
Tue Sep 8 09:52:57 EDT 2020

I like his video essays, but finally unsubbed his youtube channel because all he does is talk to the camera [⛧].

Here is more info on him (at least I think it's him):

https://justinking.org/about/
http://www.digitaljournal.com/internet/profile-of-a-digital-journalist-activism-fuels-justin-king/article/398161

[⛧] I prefer content with some eye candy. This one is fantastic:

  What’s On The Other Side Of A Black Hole?
  https://youtu.be/T4oYvSH6jJ8

It's difficult to criticize anyone who puts effort into their videos. But compare that one to this one:

  Wormholes Explained – Breaking Spacetime
  https://youtu.be/9P6rdqiybaw

PBS Spacetime really does a fantastic job. Politics is more difficult, of course. As someone commented before, ContraPoints' videos (https://www.youtube.com/c/ContraPoints/featured) are sometimes so visually startling it can get in the way of the message. And Philosophy Tube (https://www.youtube.com/user/thephilosophytube) is similar. We're in Hell (https://www.youtube.com/c/BlackGoat666/featured) and Three Arrows (https://www.youtube.com/c/ThreeArrows/featured) strike a nice balance.

--
↙↙↙ uǝlƃ