[FRIAM] why some people hate cops

uǝlƃ ↙↙↙ gepropella at gmail.com
Thu Sep 24 14:43:44 EDT 2020

Of course, it's fair to take text literally without reading *through* it. But given our rather incessant hand-wringing about metaphor on this list, I think it's fair to read "hate" figuratively, especially here. Marcus doesn't hate religious people. He probably doesn't even hate cops. If anything, the blame rests on me for using it in the Subject, even if my excuse is the original poster used it in the title of his video. That said, it's fair to discuss "safe spaces". I believe in them and that they're a good thing. But this list is not a safe space. We've discussed triggers quite a bit. I trigger a LOT! 8^D But I kinda regard that as a good thing. Only a psychopath is immune to triggers.

FWIW, I'd enjoy a discussion of science vs religion. We dance around it all the time. May as well target it directly.

--
↙↙↙ uǝlƃ