[FRIAM] why some people hate cops

Frank Wimberly wimberly3 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 24 14:45:14 EDT 2020

I am not an observant "religious person" but I am a student of religions.
For example, I find Karen Armstrong's book "A History of God" fascinating.
It is a history of the Abrahamic faith traditions.  My wife is Jewish, my
daughter is an Evangelical Christian, my granddaughter is a Muslim but that
doesn't count much yet since she is only three.  I find value in all of
these.

I have a cousin, John Wimberly, who is a Presbyterian minister.  His church
was near the Department of State in DC.  He is now retired and works at the
Alban Institute (qv).  He has a PhD from Wisconsin and an MBA from
Georgetown.  I will invite him to a physical Friam if he ever comes to
Santa Fe.  He has a winter home in Mexico.  His sermons are great in that
he minimizes the divine and talks about the reality of what was happening
in the gospels.  His version of the water to wine story is fascinating.

---
Frank C. Wimberly
140 Calle Ojo Feliz,
Santa Fe, NM 87505