[FRIAM] why some people hate cops

uǝlƃ ↙↙↙ gepropella at gmail.com
Thu Sep 24 15:33:35 EDT 2020

Excellent! So, the idea is to place a higher order operator in amongst the lower order operators over which the higher order one operates, thereby making the expression impredicative. Damnit, there's a name for sentences like that ... not merely recursive or iterative. I can't remember it, though. "Reflective" maybe?

Ordinarily, I'd argue that such loopy definitions aren't extraordinarily expensive. I tend to think it's necessary for what we normally think of as "alive" or "conscious". But I suppose there are pathological cases, neuroses, or OCD, where the reflection swamps the rest of the machine.

--
↙↙↙ uǝlƃ