[FRIAM] God in Science and Religion (was Re: why some people hate cops)

uǝlƃ ↙↙↙ gepropella at gmail.com
Fri Sep 25 19:31:21 EDT 2020

Well, I can only go on the sense I have. It's not that I trust them to avoid *evil*. But I do trust them to avoid chaos. Trump is chaos. That's why I say if Trump were competent but still evil, I suspect the Pentagon *would* back him. I think it's wrong to use words like "compassionate" w.r.t. them. As it is, someone like Biden is more of a known quantity.

But re: reallocating $1B, it's reasonable that if you delegate some task (like spending money) to an agency, you avoid micromanaging how that money is spent. And the Pentagon is quite comfortable making its own decisions when delegated to. So, their reallocation isn't a surprise at all.

Re: predicting how they will spend money delegated to them -- Just follow the various defense contracts and their recipients. E.g. https://www.defense.gov/Newsroom/Contracts/ It's also handy to buy a tiny bit of stock in the publicly traded contractors. You get reports, proxy vote docs, etc. that way. I used to follow Lockheed Martin quite close since I used to work there and still have friends who work there. There are also lots of academic sites that dovetail. You can search conference attendee lists for .mil addresses and such to infer a little intel. I doubt it's worth the effort, though.

--
↙↙↙ uǝlƃ