[FRIAM] God in Science and Religion (was Re: why some people hate cops)

Prof David West profwest at fastmail.fm
Fri Sep 25 20:20:57 EDT 2020

2 cents on religion —

Pretty sure I have never hated any group, a couple of individuals have come close ...

Although every institution of religion. be it a three person cult or a global church, is, in my opinion a festering pit of purulence, there is no hate there, just a strong desire to stay upwind.

When it comes to both science and religion I cannot understand either: 1) the rush to promulgate a "definitive answer;" or the pronouncement that "those questions lead not to edification."

BTW: proselytization of any "Truth" should be a serious felony and conviction of same should result in permanent exile from the community.

davew