[FRIAM] deductive fidelity (was Re: ideas are lies)

uǝlƃ ↙↙↙ gepropella at gmail.com
Wed Sep 30 10:26:00 EDT 2020

Well, I want to agree in the near-term. Social democracy seems to me like a decent path toward a relatively practical anarchy. And your suggestions are good social democratic proposals. But the old criticism from the anarchists still applies. Any time you install a "hard" organization, it becomes difficult to remove when it goes obsolete [⛧]. So, the emphasis should be on the observe/accept and fix, hearkening back to Strevens' "iron rule", I guess.

[⛧] ... deliberately avoiding the asymmetric power sugar the anarchists always, irritatingly, use. Its not really about power. It's about agility. But the power rhetoric provides a nice whistle for the disenfranchised, a way to manipulate them, leveraging their brand of individualism, different from the self-made man type, but no less nefarious.

--
↙↙↙ uǝlƃ