[FRIAM] Free Will in the Atlantic

uǝlƃ ↙↙↙ gepropella at gmail.com
Fri Apr 2 13:51:16 EDT 2021

The magic lies in the interoception, measuring one's self. Surely you'll admit that a recursive function is different, even if only slightly, from a non-recursive function. And if you allow that difference, then you might allow that mixed-[co]domain functions are different from single-[co]domain functions ... maybe we could call them "hyperfunctions" to follow along with EricS' recent use of hypergraphs?

While I can't claim to be able to identify exactly a class of hyperfunctions that constitute a subjective feeling of agency (or an objective coherence that warrants legal/social *blame*), I think that's where the magic lies.

I suppose it's akin to (Edelman &) Tononi's IIT ... where some collections of functions are more interoceptive and mutally intertwined than others. A self-driving Tesla might be more likely to have free will than a CD player.

--
↙↙↙ uǝlƃ