[FRIAM] Free Will in the Atlantic

Marcus Daniels marcus at snoutfarm.com
Fri Apr 2 14:31:35 EDT 2021

I'm objecting to the idea that recursion could result in anything but the distributions that drove it.  (Yes, even recognizing most of the inputs won't be measurable or precise.)   The process is not free.   It is a specific set of functions that could be written down by an oracle, and to say that some other function "should" have been there is just meaningless.   The use of the term of "free will" can be noted as a sign of magical thinking, not recast into "Oh they really mean Some Sort of Reasonable Thing", when they clearly do not.