[FRIAM] Free Will in the Atlantic

uǝlƃ ↙↙↙ gepropella at gmail.com
Mon Apr 5 14:44:29 EDT 2021

I think we're at risk of a category error somewhere in here. Couterfactuals are not merely temporal, they're also spatial. So, the conception of "modify an agent" need not be some sort of arrow of time, teleological thing. "Modify an agent" can mean something like: There are 2 spatially distant agents, <X,Y>, that are similar in measure M. X interacts with a "modifier" Z and Y does not. M(X|¬Z) = M(Y) & M(X|Z) ≠ M(Y).

So this question of being modified by is (or can be) irrelevant to the concept of choice.

--
↙↙↙ uǝlƃ