[FRIAM] Natures_Queer_Performativity_the_authori.pdf

Frank Wimberly wimberly3 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 29 19:19:26 EDT 2021

Since most who have opinions won't read the Wikipedia article I copy the
paragraph at the end that I recommended to Jon here.

Numerous research studies have found that most all models of psychotherapy
are equally helpful, the difference mainly being the quality of the
individual therapist, not the theory the therapist subscribes to. Object
Relations Theory attempts to explain this phenomenon via the theory of the
Good Object. If a therapist can be patient and empathic, most clients
improve their functioning in their world. The client carries with them a
picture of the empathic therapist that helps them cope with the stressors
of daily life, regardless of what theory of psychology they subscribe to.

---
Frank C. Wimberly
140 Calle Ojo Feliz,
Santa Fe, NM 87505