[FRIAM] Moral collapse and state failure

Steve Smith sasmyth at swcp.com
Mon Aug 9 12:32:35 EDT 2021

Pieter -

> Your "The Wrong (formerly Right) Wing in the US"
> reminds me of the quote by Larry Elder:
> "Conservatives consider liberals well-intentioned, but misguided.
> Liberals consider conservatives not only wrong, but really, really bad
> people."
This smells strongly of a Strawman characterization and I hear this from
Right Wingers all the time.  It sounds like a bit of projection
overlayed on "best defense is a good offense".

My own erstwhile "Conservatism" was it's own style of misguided
good-intentions.   For the most part, those I left behind there appear
to be acting out of variations on "greed and fear" which doesn't make
them really really bad people, but it doesn't bode well for them, nor
those they effect.  This includes most of my and Mary's extended family
and many friends, neighbors, and former colleagues (LANL).

I hope, for your sake, that So. Africa's "Right Wing" is not as "Wrong
Headed" as our own.