[FRIAM] semper fi! (was vax v unvax)

uǝlƃ ☤>$ gepropella at gmail.com
Thu Aug 19 12:03:27 EDT 2021

Excellent! But if it's a strawman, it's a good faith one. Tami suggests that her "articles of faith" are as high fidelity as my articles of faith ... purposefully warping my language in order to use the word "fidelity". Feyerabend is one of my favorite people. And the argument is good, one my pluralism allows me to take to heart.

But (weak) Scientism still wins. Even if those other creeds have some fidelity with the world, it pales in comparison to that of science. The monists amongst us may fall to the argument. But we weak Scientismist pluralists will not, primarily because articles of faith are dynamic and evolving. In our discussion, I pointed out that the catholic nature of Catholicism persists. The Pope argues that it's an act of "love" to get vaxxed, despite the reality that many vaccines are produced unethically through cell lines grown from culturing aborted fetal tissue. And the recently instantiated time crystal argues that time and space are not as different as we've usually assumed.

The difference, however, lies in the *driver* for the evolution of the articles of faith. What's the mechanism by which Mullah Abdul Ghani Baradar is distinct from Sirajuddin Haqqani in considering who will have more influence in the new Taliban? How faithfully do their articles of faith follow reality as they evolve? ... in comparison with those of Cathollicism or whatever batsh¡t evangelical pastor some random Trumpster listens to?

That the drivers are occult, whereas those driving science are (relatively) transparent, is what justifies Scientism.

--
☤>$ uǝlƃ