[FRIAM] vax v unvax

Prof David West profwest at fastmail.fm
Wed Aug 18 21:37:14 EDT 2021

dave west does not recall making such an argument: *"people who talk about science are Scientismists, their God is Science."* Perhaps this is a straw man of something he may have said? But even that feels weird. He might feel comfortable with an assertion, ala Feyerabend, that the foundations of science include *"articles of faith,"* that are neither 'provable' nor 'objectively more rational' than religious articles of faith. But even here, he would insist that both science and religion have very few actual articles of faith while religion has millions of silly assertions of "TRUTH" while science tries to avoid same.

davew