[FRIAM] Eternal questions

Curt McNamara curtmcn at gmail.com
Thu Aug 26 13:31:42 EDT 2021

Locating at least one kind of fear:
https://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0006156

Billiard ball contact:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contact_mechanics

Bucky spends a lot of time talking about our flat earth / Newtonian view of
Universe, while Einstein clearly showed us how things actually worked.

Many hits on kinds of fear, Psych Today says there are only 5:
https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/brainsnacks/201203/the-only-5-fears-we-all-share

My guess is that fear >> the subconscious takes precedence over the
conscious / rational. It has survival basis, so some of the types are
'hard-wired'.

Many of the strategies for dealing with fear are labeled grounding.
https://talkiatry.com/blog/grounding-techniques-anxiety-coping-strategies/

         Curt

            Curt