[FRIAM] Dumb phones?

Gillian Densmore gil.densmore at gmail.com
Sat Dec 18 13:44:42 EST 2021

I've been thinking about my complaint about notification spam.
I spent (to much) time looking for brick, or feature phones, or smart dumb
phones. I know their  considered fairly retro and niche now.

What are folks here experience with have a phone they swap to after X times
of day to still phone a phone on, in full contact, but that phone just
doesn't have the tech for notifications, or out right blocks them? While I
doubt feature phones are a thing. Has anyone tried getting using some of
these old school phones floating around. Nokia (for example) has their 3310
phones back.

Someone mentioned in my other thread iphones are fantastic for keeping the
spam sane. is iOS really that much better than android about  robocalls,
'important' fill in the blank updates?