[FRIAM] ethical dilemma

thompnickson2 at gmail.com thompnickson2 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 5 11:03:20 EST 2021

Dave,

Wouldn’t you be lonely?

Nick Thompson

ThompNickSon2 at gmail.com <mailto:ThompNickSon2 at gmail.com>

https://wordpress.clarku.edu/nthompson/

From: Friam <friam-bounces at redfish.com> On Behalf Of Prof David West
Sent: Thursday, February 4, 2021 9:15 PM
To: friam at redfish.com
Subject: [FRIAM] ethical dilemma

Biden's COVID relief bill includes $400/week unemployment benefits until September.

Normally, if you voluntarily quit a job, you are not eligible for unemployment benefits. However, a person can qualify for these benefits if they quit because they "fear' contracting COVID at their job.

I know that my job has an enhanced risk for contracting COVID.

So should I quit and earn 400/wk for the next six months — tax free.

Or continue earning 300/week that is taxed.

No one but myself would ever know if I "feared" contracting COVID at that job

davew