[FRIAM] Jodie Foster explains about modulation (on empathy, acting)

Marcus Daniels marcus at snoutfarm.com
Sun Feb 7 22:13:49 EST 2021

Jodie Foster remarks in NY Times Magazine:

"I was also naturally able to compartmentalize, to make decisions about when to feel and when not to feel. Some people call that a damaged spirit. Like, I'm so compartmentalized that I can decide when I give and when I hold back. But that was helpful in order to design performances; to be in the moment and outside the moment. It's also a good skill for directing."

Marcus

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2021/02/01/magazine/jodie-foster-interview.html