[FRIAM] To Desire is to Construct (a conversation with Gilles Deleuze)

jon zingale jonzingale at gmail.com
Mon Feb 8 10:54:31 EST 2021

While falling down a YouTube-interview rabbit hole, in an effort to
understand Deleuze's more obscure writings, I came across a delightful
collection of interviews[א] conducted by Claire Parnet. Presently, I am
listening to  D as Desire
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLlSRFLThYw&list=PLiR8NqajHNPbaX2rBoA2z6IPGpU0IPlS2&index=4&ab_channel=SUB-TILproductions>
. Drawing from ideas developed in his early work "Difference and
Repetition", Deleuze brings the conceptual tools of limits, differentials,
and constructivism to bear on the question of desire.
More than a few times recently, our threads have converged onto the
metaphysics[⎐] of differentials and constructivism. Discussions, that at
times are free from any particular grounding (in formal mathematics, say)
and at others intentionally construed[⍻] in a particular ground (the
physicality of hands and muscles). In my *incessant* attempts to formalize,
I found the interview inspirational, leading on my naive project to
formalize a foundation for my own thought.
[א] Gilles Deleuze's alphabet book: from A (as in animal) to Z (as in zig
zag)
[⎐] metaphysics in the sense that difference, say, can be prior to things
differentiated.
[⍻] construal like a representative functor or a category of variable
quantities.

--
Sent from: http://friam.471366.n2.nabble.com/