[FRIAM] Jodie Foster explains about modulation (on empathy, acting)

thompnickson2 at gmail.com thompnickson2 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 8 11:43:48 EST 2021

Jon,

In my (very brief) career as a method actor (yes, it's true!), I was taught
that the way into another's emotions was through their actions and their
circumstances.  Pay attention to what your fellow actors are doing and the
props you are handling.  Get out of yourself.   The idea is not to
ermpathize with an emotion but to have it.

Nick Thompson
ThompNickSon2 at gmail.com
https://wordpress.clarku.edu/nthompson/