[FRIAM] Conditional Association and the "natural order"

uǝlƃ ↙↙↙ gepropella at gmail.com
Wed Feb 10 11:01:57 EST 2021

Since Nick is always looking for libertarian bogeymen, I thought I'd raise this specter:

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Hans-Hermann_Hoppe

I ran across him in this article on the Hoppean Snake as a right-wing meme:

https://theintercept.com/2021/02/04/pinochet-far-right-hoppean-snake/

This paragraph from the RationalWiki pinged my memory of the discussion about renaming MOTH:

"Hoppe fancies himself as a champion of the right of free association. Or what might more commonly be called rank discrimination and bigotry. He proposes "covenant communities," a sort of neighborhood watch on steroids."

It had never crossed my mind that any thinking/feeling human would be stupid enough to take conditional association to its logical conclusion in this way. Or that anyone would fail to see that slow-rate conditional association (e.g. bad marriage tortu[r]ous divorce - cf http://friam.471366.n2.nabble.com/What-s-in-a-name-MOTH-to-a-Flame-tp7599300.html) is a necessary consequence of conditional association *because* real life is replete with a diversity of rates, some slow, some fast, and a diversity of Markov orders, some shallow, some deep.

Triple-H may be my new, favorite example of why anarcho-capitalism is so fscked up and often tragically confused with anracho-syndicalism or anarchism, proper. I absolutely love that nickname "Triple-H". Too bad it signs for such a horrifying person. Now I need to find alternative objects, you know, for parallax.

--
↙↙↙ uǝlƃ