[FRIAM] A public letter to Nick, cc: any that write here

thompnickson2 at gmail.com thompnickson2 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 15 14:48:24 EST 2021

Nick Thompson
ThompNickSon2 at gmail.com
https://wordpress.clarku.edu/nthompson/

-----Original Message-----
From: Friam <friam-bounces at redfish.com> On Behalf Of u?l? ???
Sent: Monday, February 15, 2021 11:58 AM
To: friam at redfish.com
Subject: Re: [FRIAM] A public letter to Nick, cc: any that write here

Ha! This is why the internet is such an Exquisite Corpse. No Nick, that's not my point at all. It's not even slightly about hypocrisy. It's about *obsolete* conceptions of privacy. It is literally impossible to have a conversation with one other person on the internet, performative or not. Here's a nice way to put it:

https://www.scottaaronson.com/blog/?p=5310
"I simply accept that, in the age of instantaneous communication, there are no walled gardens: anything you say to a dozen or more people, you might as well broadcast to the planet."

So, by continuing your salutations, you are not being hypocritical or (merely) performative. You're basing your post on (not even) *wrong* ideas, on a complete misunderstanding of the medium.

--
↙↙↙ uǝlƃ