[FRIAM] Watch Mars landing this afternoon

thompnickson2 at gmail.com thompnickson2 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 15:44:41 EST 2021

I would think the metaphor is quite precise, since the same force that
distorts a commercial market place -- accrued power -- also distorts an
academic one.   I guess you might say -- I might say -- that when Sober
publishes in a behavior journal, he is using his power in one domain --
philosophy of biology --  to tour in another.  To make that case I would
have to show that the argument he makes is not only shabby in behavioral
terms, but no reason to claim that behavioral presuppositions are
inconsistent with more general principles of science.  A heavy lift?

Nick Thompson
ThompNickSon2 at gmail.com
https://wordpress.clarku.edu/nthompson/