[FRIAM] "Trust in the Emergent"

Marcus Daniels marcus at snoutfarm.com
Sat Jan 30 16:08:28 EST 2021

Steve writes:

< Do we individual members of any such self-organizing collective have anything to say about it looks like on the other side of such a phase transition (do fatty acids know anything about a lipid membrane before they find themselves part of one? >

One way I’d say people gain insight from that is from switching jobs.   Out in my parts people do that a lot.  Retiring as an expat is another way.   People that are self-employed get a different perspective, keeping a step away from the emergent collectives but nonetheless being forced to recon with them.    But I’d guess if you work for GM for 30 years on an assembly line, maybe not so much insight is gained.

Marcus