[FRIAM] gene-culture coevolution

Pieter Steenekamp pieters at randcontrols.co.za
Tue Jun 8 12:50:37 EDT 2021

Nick, I'm not sure I follow your logic. It seems you imply behaviour cannot
be caused by genes? Help me if I understand you wrong. The way I see it is
that the behaviour of the prairie dogs is caused mainly by their genes,
that's why it changes very slowly.

Human behaviour on the other hand is caused to a much larger extent, but
certainly not exclusively, we are not born blank slates, by culture that's
why it changes much faster.