[FRIAM] Ramsey a pragmatist mathmatician?

Marcus Daniels marcus at snoutfarm.com
Wed Mar 3 11:41:46 EST 2021

All-in on quantum computing!   https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s11128-016-1363-3

-----Original Message-----
From: Friam <friam-bounces at redfish.com> On Behalf Of jon zingale
Sent: Tuesday, March 2, 2021 10:44 PM
To: friam at redfish.com
Subject: Re: [FRIAM] Ramsey a pragmatist mathmatician?

"Suppose aliens invade the earth and threaten to obliterate it in a year's time unless human beings can find the Ramsey number for red five and blue five. We could marshal the world's best minds and fastest computers, and within a year we could probably calculate the value. If the aliens demanded the Ramsey number for red six and blue six, however, we would have no choice but to launch a preemptive attack."
- Paul Erdős

--
Sent from: http://friam.471366.n2.nabble.com/