[FRIAM] Score one for Wokeism!

uǝlƃ ↙↙↙ gepropella at gmail.com
Fri Mar 5 14:10:05 EST 2021

Yeah, that's an excellent point, which I would reword in terms of "distance" from a ground truth. I like the distinctions evoked by naturfact, artifact, and mentifact. It's quite fun to spend some time down a rabbit hole playing around with purely imaginary nonsense ... like playing an abstract video game (https://store.steampowered.com/app/726810/Void_Cube_Runner/). But ultimately, everything we do is grounded somewhere ... otherwise we literally couldn't do it ... like the old saw about finding a truly alien species but not recognizing them as a life form because they're too alien.

If we disallowed all software defined peaks with a distance from ground > 1, then there would be no culture at all. And if we had minds and mentifacts, trading them would get you thrown in jail. So we'd have to define some distance from ground and set a fuzzy boundary around that. QAnon is clearly way too far from ground. But, say, Lense-Thirring as a solution to Dark Matter is not too far. The jury's still out on quantum computation, though. >8^D

--
↙↙↙ uǝlƃ