[FRIAM] Subjective experience & free will

jon zingale jonzingale at gmail.com
Tue Mar 9 12:47:59 EST 2021

"Who would be on your list?"

I put more thought into this question over the last week than I thought
I would. It is funny what questions bite us. The sad reality is that
given a time machine (or better a T.A.R.D.I.S so that I can rely on its
translator and mobility in space) I would very quickly realize that
history has forgotten exactly those I would wish to meet. I would need
a methodology for searching the past and updating what it is I value in
meeting new people. I am unsure whether I would want to find those
thinkers for whom I am simply a poor repetition or those whose ideas
would move me closer to some as-of-yet undefined way of being. Maybe,
I would seek those individuals so different from myself that I am
inevitably executed only to regenerate back in the warm bosom of my
T.A.R.D.I.S. What is funniest of all is that I could probably scrap
the whole time thing altogether if I could find who here on Earth today
I would want to meet. So far I am thinking Yo-Yo Ma or Katya Clover.

--
Sent from: http://friam.471366.n2.nabble.com/