[FRIAM] Subjective experience & free will

Prof David West profwest at fastmail.fm
Tue Mar 9 14:18:45 EST 2021

List? Singular?

I have a list of FRIAMers that I would like to share a week of conversation, beer, coffee, [hallucinogens] and music while exploring Lake Powell on a houseboat or floating the Colorado through the Grand Canyon.

A list of people I suspect are assholes, but whose image I am enthralled by, e.g. Timothy Leary.

A topical list: e.g. Genghis Kahn on social order and governance.

People who have shaped my own thoughts and ideas the most, e.g. Brigham Young, Alfred Korzibski, Carl Jung.

Probably semi-fictional folk like Hermes Trismegistus.

So many folk, so little time. And yes, there are a lot of women on my various lists.

And yes, T.A.D.I.S. or holodeck or universal translator absolutely essential.

davew