[FRIAM] What is Wealth for?

uǝlƃ ↙↙↙ gepropella at gmail.com
Fri Mar 12 17:05:31 EST 2021

I think it might be wise to couch this within a larger discussion of private property and ownership, in general. Libertarians seem to think that private ownership of property facilitates good stewardship of that property. The tragedy of the commons argues that's not the case because the scope of ownership is ambiguous.

That wealth that is accumulated is, at least in negligible part, *everyone's* property. So not only is Bezos not Bezos. But Bezos' property is not Bezos' property ... or as some parents are fond of saying "I brought you into this world. I can take you out."

--
↙↙↙ uǝlƃ