[FRIAM] What is Wealth for?

jon zingale jonzingale at gmail.com
Tue Mar 16 11:51:13 EDT 2021

I would add that while having wealth allows one to expand one's repertoire,
not having wealth fails to be a simple negation. Not having wealth, like
burn-out, is to be in conditions that make one less likely to expand
repertoire in the future, to be compulsively agreeable for instance. Wage
slavery comes with many externalities to be explored, and only the wealthy
can truly afford to be nice.

At some point a few years ago, I decided on a flat tipping rate when
partaking in services where one's wage is dependent on tipping. It is a
small thing, but as an individual, I want to decouple the quality of service
from the right to make a living. At the very least, I do not wish to be part
of the punishment-reward cycle, it's inappropriate. Still, others may see it
as voting. That I am abstaining means that others will have more say in the
molding of wage slaves.

--
Sent from: http://friam.471366.n2.nabble.com/