[FRIAM] What is Wealth for?

uǝlƃ ↙↙↙ gepropella at gmail.com
Thu Mar 18 09:32:05 EDT 2021

That's a fantastic article. I worry about the extension into racism in the later parts. It distracted me from the main story line because of the link to the Naked Dollar and the toxic anti-Wokeism comments there.

But the main story shines light on pathological rationality, the neurotic optimization trap. It reminds me of Effective Altruism, where rationalists wring the skin off their hands trying to choose which charity provides the best bang for their buck ... or twisting one's mind trying to eke out a few miliseconds from a computation with clever but unreadable code.

--
↙↙↙ uǝlƃ