[FRIAM] What is Wealth for?

Steve Smith sasmyth at swcp.com
Thu Mar 18 19:56:54 EDT 2021

Glen -
> Ooops! My semantic pedantic comment was aimed at EricC, not Merle. 8^D Eric's always going off about whether we're arguing about the meaning of words like some sort of aggressive Wittgenstein.

I think it would be useful to consider all intelligentsia icons with a
variety of moods.    An aggressive  Wittgenstein,  or a happy-go-lucky
Nietzsche.

Which leads me to apologize to the room for my tirade about the idea of
caricaturing the long list of billionaires like Oprah, Musk, Jobs et
cetera.   I have been reflecting on that thread and recognize belatedly
that nobody was caricaturing those *people* so much as using their
public personas en-caricature as archetypes...  a pantheon of flawed
human-esque characters who reflect our best and worst character traits
perhaps.

I have met only Jobs but once was close enough to Oprah I could have
asked for an autograph, a selfie or maybe just photo-bombed... so none
of these folks are "people" to me.  I wonder if it is odd that I felt
inclined to be protective of them as if they were?