[FRIAM] Instructional scaffolding - Wikipedia

thompnickson2 at gmail.com thompnickson2 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 26 19:28:05 EDT 2021

I was asked to say what scaffolding was, not to evaluate it.  UT admits all
students from the top10percent of their highschool classes no matter how
lousy the highschools are.  So, what then to do with the kids from lousy
highschools.  One approach is not to give them remedial courses but to main
stream them, but give them eceptional levels of support in those classes, so
they are learning the same material as the regular students, but getting
extra help in doing it.  Apparently, a lot of this extra help consists in
helping a student to understand what the task is, in effect undoing BAD
habits learned in impoverished learning situations.  Once the kid is up to
speed, the scaffold is removed.

That's the concept.  Apply whatever values you chose to it.

Nick Thompson

 <mailto:ThompNickSon2 at gmail.com> ThompNickSon2 at gmail.com

 <https://wordpress.clarku.edu/nthompson/>
https://wordpress.clarku.edu/nthompson/