[FRIAM] The case for universal basic income UBI

Gillian Densmore gil.densmore at gmail.com
Tue May 4 19:43:51 EDT 2021

We have a globe getting pimp slapped by a virus. People getting shit canned
for no other reason than breathing. WAstate and one other was/is back to
full lockdown, Canada still is.
The question isn't reely is UBI a good/bad idea but how fucking fast do we
make it happen? and for how much. I'd submit that a UBI musti be at 70k a
year min, and tied to the trust costs of living and inflation. That's 30 an
hour and the low end of 'upper middle clast' from the 80s. Plus a bit for
savings and fun.

Probably should be pegged at the true costs of living for the most
expensive place in the US to live, for a house hold of 3. So that a lot of
people are covered. Because as is how many people are paycheck to paycheck
for no other reason than luck? a lot. between lobyests, a fucking toxic why
should we mediacrity penny ante mentality min wage was and is still
contorted to the least we can legall get away with. We call that
wage-slavery. So good chance that someone who gets  a 5k a month check
would then be able to pay off  debts. Invest in some stocks and themselves.
IMO that sounds fucking amazing to me.
San Franciscos costs of living, true costs of living waaay the F back in
the 90s was 80k a year. it's now about 200k. As reported by any source
thats reputable, and yet wages their haven't gone up more than 9.75-12 an
hour. A single room BRM appartment their at 15% bellow average market rate
can easily average 2k a month.
As it is now a single person just would not be able to afford that.
Ergo UBI would keep them housed.

Some massively large percent of the 30+ generation right now can't even
save,, have to work 2+ jobs. Go make conversation with anyone at Smiths. a
lot of those people have to work 3 jobs.  Why should UBI be a question? the
reel question must be not if, but when, and how much.