[FRIAM] The case for universal basic income UBI

⛧ glen gepropella at gmail.com
Sun May 9 18:31:17 EDT 2021

Hm. OK. The problem I see with allowing a supernatural component into the legal system is a lack of access to a "touchstone", a transpersonal objective truth. Supernatural access, even if such exists, is notoriously exploitable by defectors, perhaps including a cabal of crony Bishops. By disallowing it, we scope the legal system to some ground truth, some universally verifiable fact.

I know you have myriad arguments against our current attempts at ground truth (aka science). And as a pluralist and agnostic, I'm sympathetic. But such skepticism doesn't give us the justification for ignoring how helpful such a ground truth would be in limiting defection in a multidimensional "market".

--
glen ⛧