[FRIAM] Drones to detect wildfires

Pieter Steenekamp pieters at randcontrols.co.za
Wed May 26 15:12:40 EDT 2021

I just want to go back to Dave's question to define "progress". I think the
United Nations' list of Sustainable Development Goal targets and indicators
could be a starting point. From wikipedia:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Sustainable_Development_Goal_targets_and_indicators

   -
      - 2.1Goal 1. End poverty in all its forms everywhere
      <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Sustainable_Development_Goal_targets_and_indicators#Goal_1._End_poverty_in_all_its_forms_everywhere>
      - 2.2Goal 2. End hunger, achieve food security and improved nutrition
      and promote sustainable agriculture
      <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Sustainable_Development_Goal_targets_and_indicators#Goal_2._End_hunger,_achieve_food_security_and_improved_nutrition_and_promote_sustainable_agriculture>
      - 2.3Goal 3. Ensure healthy lives and promote well-being for all at
      all ages
      <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Sustainable_Development_Goal_targets_and_indicators#Goal_3._Ensure_healthy_lives_and_promote_well-being_for_all_at_all_ages>
      - 2.4Goal 4. Ensure inclusive and equitable quality education and
      promote lifelong learning opportunities for all
      <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Sustainable_Development_Goal_targets_and_indicators#Goal_4._Ensure_inclusive_and_equitable_quality_education_and_promote_lifelong_learning_opportunities_for_all>
      - 2.5Goal 5. Achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls
      <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Sustainable_Development_Goal_targets_and_indicators#Goal_5._Achieve_gender_equality_and_empower_all_women_and_girls>
      - 2.6Goal 6. Ensure availability and sustainable management of water
      and sanitation for all
      <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Sustainable_Development_Goal_targets_and_indicators#Goal_6._Ensure_availability_and_sustainable_management_of_water_and_sanitation_for_all>
      - 2.7Goal 7. Ensure access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and
      modern energy for all
      <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Sustainable_Development_Goal_targets_and_indicators#Goal_7._Ensure_access_to_affordable,_reliable,_sustainable_and_modern_energy_for_all>
      - 2.8Goal 8. Promote sustained, inclusive and sustainable economic
      growth, full and productive employment and decent work for all
      <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Sustainable_Development_Goal_targets_and_indicators#Goal_8._Promote_sustained,_inclusive_and_sustainable_economic_growth,_full_and_productive_employment_and_decent_work_for_all>
      - 2.9Goal 9. Build resilient infrastructure, promote inclusive and
      sustainable industrialization and foster innovation
      <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Sustainable_Development_Goal_targets_and_indicators#Goal_9._Build_resilient_infrastructure,_promote_inclusive_and_sustainable_industrialization_and_foster_innovation>
      - 2.10Goal 10. Reduce inequality within and among countries
      <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Sustainable_Development_Goal_targets_and_indicators#Goal_10._Reduce_inequality_within_and_among_countries>
      - 2.11Goal 11. Make cities and human settlements inclusive, safe,
      resilient and sustainable
      <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Sustainable_Development_Goal_targets_and_indicators#Goal_11._Make_cities_and_human_settlements_inclusive,_safe,_resilient_and_sustainable>
      - 2.12Goal 12. Ensure sustainable consumption and production patterns
      <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Sustainable_Development_Goal_targets_and_indicators#Goal_12._Ensure_sustainable_consumption_and_production_patterns>
      - 2.13Goal 13. Take urgent action to combat climate change and its
      impacts [n 10]
      <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Sustainable_Development_Goal_targets_and_indicators#Goal_13._Take_urgent_action_to_combat_climate_change_and_its_impacts_[n_10]>
      - 2.14Goal 14. Conserve and sustainably use the oceans, seas and
      marine resources for sustainable development
      <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Sustainable_Development_Goal_targets_and_indicators#Goal_14._Conserve_and_sustainably_use_the_oceans,_seas_and_marine_resources_for_sustainable_development>
      - 2.15Goal 15. Protect, restore and promote sustainable use of
      terrestrial ecosystems, sustainably manage forests, combat
desertification,
      and halt and reverse land degradation and halt biodiversity loss
      <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Sustainable_Development_Goal_targets_and_indicators#Goal_15._Protect,_restore_and_promote_sustainable_use_of_terrestrial_ecosystems,_sustainably_manage_forests,_combat_desertification,_and_halt_and_reverse_land_degradation_and_halt_biodiversity_loss>
      - 2.16Goal 16. Promote peaceful and inclusive societies for
      sustainable development, provide access to justice for all and build
      effective, accountable and inclusive institutions at all levels
      <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Sustainable_Development_Goal_targets_and_indicators#Goal_16._Promote_peaceful_and_inclusive_societies_for_sustainable_development,_provide_access_to_justice_for_all_and_build_effective,_accountable_and_inclusive_institutions_at_all_levels>
      - 2.17Goal 17. Strengthen the means of implementation and revitalize
      the Global Partnership for Sustainable Development
      <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Sustainable_Development_Goal_targets_and_indicators#Goal_17._Strengthen_the_means_of_implementation_and_revitalize_the_Global_Partnership_for_Sustainable_Development>
   -
   <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Sustainable_Development_Goal_targets_and_indicators#Repeat_Indicators>