[FRIAM] lurking

Steve Smith sasmyth at swcp.com
Mon Nov 8 21:55:52 EST 2021

Very interesting stuff Glen...

I'm not quite ready for going all "Rupert Sheldrake" on this subject but
I do appreciate that there is a lot of proper scientific work gesturing
more and more in this direction.

I'm wondering if you (or anyone else here) is familiar with Mae Wan Ho's
work on long term/range in water...   she and her work seem to have
pushed up against what are traditionally the domain of woo-peddlers and
pseudoscience, but yet seems to have remained (at least barely) on the
"real" science side of that sometimes fuzzy boundary.  I suspect that
the bulk of her citations come from the wooverse, but that doesn't have
to reflect on *her* credibility.

https://www.worldscientific.com/worldscibooks/10.1142/8418

https://www.heartmath.org/assets/uploads/2015/01/pursuing-the-science-of-global-coherence.pdf

and as long as I mention Rupert, I suppose we have to nod to his son
Merlin and his recent publication on Fungi: Entangled Life
<https://www.goodreads.com/en/book/show/52668915> .   I have not read
more than superficial reviews so far.  It probably goes on my reading
stack just below Kimmerer's Gathering Moss
<https://www.goodreads.com/en/book/show/87040>.

- Steve