[FRIAM] Newborn Heart Rate

Steve Smith sasmyth at swcp.com
Mon Oct 4 00:03:46 EDT 2021

On 10/3/21 9:35 PM, thompnickson2 at gmail.com wrote:

> Speaking of words, I thought wuwei was interesting.  It seems to mean
> “nugatory”.

I would say not.  I see how you could see the relation, but I think SGs
comparison to Physics' "least action" is inspired if not entirely
correct either.

It would not be inaction or irrelevance, but rather no
wasted/inappropriate/irrelevant action?   "Just this much" is a Buddhist
phrase I've heard that captures a bit of it.

- Steve