[FRIAM] do you answer those phone calls?

uǝlƃ ☤>$ gepropella at gmail.com
Mon Oct 4 12:24:22 EDT 2021

Who scams the scammers? Meet the scambaiters
https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2021/oct/03/who-scams-the-scammers-meet-the-amateur-scambaiters-taking-on-the-crooks

Story: When Renee' and I first got the new phone number here in Oly, the calls were non-stop, 10-20 per day on the landline. I just removed the phone from my office and don't look at or check messages on the landline anymore. But I finally bit the bullet and started answering every call. And talking to whoever was there. If I had to push a button to get to a human, I pushed the button. If I had to talk to a robot for awhile in order to get to a human, I talked to the robot. After about a week of this, the calls started to fade. After about a month, we were down to 1-3 calls per day. Now we're down to maybe 2-3 per week.

It works to simply waste their time. And it works whether their "legitimate" life insurance salespeople or scammers.

--
"Better to be slapped with the truth than kissed with a lie."
☤>$ uǝlƃ