[FRIAM] Newborn Heart Rate

uǝlƃ ☤>$ gepropella at gmail.com
Mon Oct 4 12:55:09 EDT 2021

I'm not making an anti-reductionist argument ... or, at least, not the typical one. That's why I wanted to use "linguistic salience bias". It's a *bias*, that's all. But it's a bias that overwhelms some people (e.g. Nick) to harp on and on about some tiny little concept (like monism) that has zero impact on anything anyone ever does. We don't have to pick on Nick. But it's fun and he doesn't seem to mind. We could pick on the logicbros <https://overland.org.au/2019/07/how-to-deal-with-the-logicbros-ben-burgis-give-them-an-argument/>. Or the lefty "journalists" who like to point out contradictions in anti-masker rhetoric <https://youtu.be/I6H7urz-HgA>. Or whatever. The people we could pick on for this salience bias are never ending.

A more productive route is to focus not on contradiction but on completeness. And I'm using "focus on" ... I'm not saying *ignore* consistency. Simply spend more time trying to cover the ground that needs covering.

>>> 5/2017 thru present https://redfish.com/pipermail/friam_redfish.com/