[FRIAM] [dis]integrated

Marcus Daniels marcus at snoutfarm.com
Thu Oct 14 18:29:52 EDT 2021

Even with a scout mentality there is the problem of modeling the deck of alternative scenarios that arise from uncertainty in a map.    The tendency to take imputed values for a set of unknown variables is a practical cognitive resource limitation that one can acknowledge or fail to acknowledge.    To challenge a person’s gut feeling -- all those imputed values -- and to observe the exasperation (even perceived persecution) that may result from the challenge is how I distinguish scouts from soldiers.   There are surely some tactical benefits to soldiers running toward the enemy with their bayonets to not spend a lot of time reflecting on how confident they are that the person they are running toward is their enemy.